Chef #718967's Note:
Adapted from a recipe I found on msn.com, I made some adjustments to suit my taste and it came out delicious. The original recipe called for goat cheese, but since my husband feels "weird" about goat cheese AND I didn't have any, I substituted a mixture of tofu, cheeses and pesto... worked beautifully. We both gobbled it up! This recipe is for 2, but just adjust the amounts for more! I served with wild brown rice and side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a 9" skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 3With the chicken breast laying flat and your knife parallel to the cutting board, slice lengthwise, leaving the long end connected. Spread open like a book.
- 4Mash the tofu together with cheeses and pesto, adding a dash of salt and pepper.
- 5Spread the tofu-cheese mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- 6Lay 4 stalks of asparagus on top of the mixture of each chicken breast.
- 7Roll chicken around the asparagus and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle breasts with a little salt and pepper.
- 8Put chicken in skillet, brown on all sides.
- 9Put chicken in a pan and transfer to oven for 15 minutes. (You can top with extra cheese if you like!).
- 10Meanwhile, put the chicken broth and lemon juice in the same skillet. Heat to boiling, scraping off all the brown bits from the pan.
- 11Remove chicken from oven, place immediately on cutting board.
- 12Cut chicken into "wheels". Arrange on plate and pour the broth-lemon juice mixture on top. Serve warm with rice or potatoes!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pesto Chicken Asparagus Roulades
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.3
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 348.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: