Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very easy, delicious recipe that will make him think you spent hours in the kitchen!
Make and share this Lemon Pesto Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (4 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 (1 ounce) packageknorr creamy pesto sauce mix
- 2 cups dry fettuccine, prepared as directed
- Place deep non-stick skillet over medium heat, add olive oil.
- When oil is just hot, don't let it smoke, add boneless skinless chicken breast strips, turning a couple of times and cook 6 to 8 minutes until done.
- In same skillet, add the soy milk and creamy pesto seasoning mix, stir until seasoning mix is blended inches
- Add the lemon juice and artichoke hearts.
- Let simmer over low heat about 5 minutes.
- Serve over the hot fettuccini noodles.
My husband and I enjoyed this but our picky kids didn't - go figure! I added a can of drained diced tomatoes, but that made it look very unappetizing. Next time, if I want more veggies, I will sprinkle the tomatoes on top just before serving but this was quick, easy and tasty without heating up my kitchen. I also used less than 2 T lemon juice. I would recommend starting with 1T and tasting it. I will make this again and cook a frozen pizza for the kids! Thanks for posting. PS - Also used reg milk.
Well I didn't make this recipe exactly. I did follow the recipe on the back of the creamy pesto packet and thought it was really good. The only differences were; the milk wasn't soy and no artichoke hearts, we also made ours with penne pasta. My hubby did say that he thought it would be outstanding with artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes. My toddlers goobled it down. One of our new favorites!