Recipe by Friends & Foodies
Even if you don't think you like traditional pesto, this meal is a must-try! You'll love it. The bright and fresh flavors meld for a perfect balance of flavor. All-natural boneless skinless chicken breasts are smothered in a lemon pesto sauce and ready to throw in the oven for a tasty, healthy, and "fancy" baked chicken meal. Enjoy over Organic Pasta and finish it off with a deep green salad for a beautiful dinner that everyone will enjoy.
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces dry pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, pesto and lemon juice into a large zip tight freezer bag.
- Remove air from bag and close.
- With your hands massage bag to combine chicken, pesto and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Load cheese into a small freezer safe zip top bag. Squeeze out air and close.
- (This is an optional step to keep everything together). Take another large zip tight freezer bag and place both the chicken and the cheese bags inside. Remove air and close.
- Label outer bag using a permanent marker with contents, date assembled and cooking instructions.
- Remove contents from outer bag.
- Place cheese bag in the refrigerator.
- In the refrigerator thaw bag of Lemon Pesto Chicken over night.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- When thawed place Lemon Pesto Chicken into a 9x13-inch casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, covered.
- Remove foil and sprinkle cheese on the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn broiler on high and broil for 5 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.