Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had the lemon pepper wings from Wing Stop and thought they were AWESOME so I was inspired to make something similar.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, cut into winglets
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon pepper (you start out with a tbs and add more as you taste it)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (I used packaged but fresh would be better)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- The wings can be baked or deep fried. When I bake them I brush melted butter over them and season them w/ a little salt and pepper. I bake them for about 40-45 minutes and then I put them under the broiler to finish them and make them crispy. In a deep fryer I season them and then fry them for 10-12 minute.
- While the wings are cooking, one stick of butter in a large bowl. It needs to be big enough to mix the sauce and toss the wings inches.
- Add the seasonings to the butter. When I made this I added a little bit of each at a time until it tasted the way I liked it. The lemon shouldn't overpower the buttery flavor, it should compliment it. If it tastes to lemony, add more butter.
- When the wings are done, drain them and then put them in the bowl with the sauce. with a large spoon, stir them until the sauce coats all the wings.
- I didn't think these needed a dipping sauce, they had great flavor on their own but you could reserve some of the sauce and use it as a dipping sauce.
We ate the whole thing. They were wonderful.I have made them 6 times in 2 months.
I was skeptical of the butter and lemon juice but decided to try it...they were fantastic! Taste like my favorite restaurant!!!!
Pretty good recipe. I never thought to add the lemon juice beforre this recipe. I usually imitate a wing play I saw once. They toss the wings in what looks like butter, season with lemon pepper, then repeat. You have to make sure you make enough. Usually when I fry 10+ buffalo wings, I need at least a couple ounces of wing sauce this is no different. We've basically made a lemon pepper butter sauce and coated the wings with that. I might try a variation of this where I make a lemon butter sauce, then basically follow the same pattern as that wing place.