Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This yummy recipe is from Quick Cooking magazine and is so easy to make as well as yummy. :) The best part is that it is prepared in the microwave.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli,cauliflower,carrots and water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-7 minutes, or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
Super quick, flavorful, healthy side dish. What could be better? Thanks for posting the recipe.
I just love lemon-pepper seasoning so this was great! I only made a half recipe and I reduced the butter a bit too. The colours of the vegetables stay vibrant so it is a lovely dish. Thx for posting Beth!
This was great. Although when I cooked my veggies for 7 minutes, they were still fairly crunchy. Not quite crisp-tender. Another 5 minutes and all was well. I figure it must have been my veggies. This was great for a couple of lunches for me. I had tried to do this without the butter in the hopes to reduce the fat some, but felt that a little bit is necessary. I added probably about a teaspoon or 2 but not more than that. As I had already sprinkled the spices over the veggies, I simply added the little butter and mixed it up. Worked well! Thanks for posting.