Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Lemon Pepper Tuna Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 small carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 4 slices reduced-calorie whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup arugula, about 6 leaves
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, pepper, carrot, parsley, and shallot in a small bowl; mix well.
- Layer 2 slices of bread with 3 lettuce leaves each and top each with about 1/2 cup of tuna salad. Top with remaining bread slices and serve.
Always seeking more interesting variations to the standard tuna salad, this one caught my eye. The flavor blend here is really wonderful and work well together; bright and crisp lending themselves to the tuna without competing against it. I used romaine rather than arugula but agree that the slight peppery taste of the latter would have worked a bit better. Thanks.