Recipe by caitlyn.jf
I made this recipe up with what ingredients I had on hand, many of which were freshly grown from mine or a friends garden. Most quantities were an estimate only.
- 250 g dry fettuccine (or any pasta available)
- 2 (425 g) cans tuna in brine
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bunch silver beet
- 1 cup rocket
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick fry pan( oil is only for flavour.).
- Crack some pepper into fry pan. Brown garlic and onion.
- Drain tuna. Add to fry pan, squeeze in half of lemon juice.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- Add roughly chopped silverbeet and rocket to fry pan. Cover with lid til silverbeet starts to wilt slightly.
- Squeeze in other half of lemon juice.
- Roughly chop parsley and add to fry pan, retain some for garnish. Stir with tongs add drained pasta.
- Serve with sprinkling of parsley.