Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, but it also makes an EASY, HEALTHY, and FLAVORFUL dinner, since it's baked instead of fried! Leftovers make great sandwiches.
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, sliced into 8 pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper (with salt, more or less depending upon how much pepper you can handle)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or lightly coat with oil. Poke each slice of tofu with a fork 3-4 times to let the flavors seep inches
- Drizzle the olive oil and aminos on a plate. Use a microplane to grate the garlic into the mix (or mince the garlic as finely as you can). Dredge each tofu slice and lay them out on the plate. Sprinkle one tablespoon of lemon pepper over the tofu and rub it inches Flip and repeat.
- Place the tofu in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes on one side, flip and bake another 10 minutes. Yum!