You can purchase lemon pepper at in any grocery store in the spice section, it's also great on veggies and steaks too but really brings out the flavor on fish ;-)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I use 1 teaspoon season salt)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (you might need 3 eggs)
- 6 tilapia fillets (or use catfish)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil (more if needed)
- lemon slice, sliced thinly (optional)
- In a shallow dish combine flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, salt, and lemon pepper until well combined.
- Place the eggs in a shallow dish.
- Dip fish fillets into the eggs then dredge in the flour/cornmeal mixture until well coated.
- Heat butter with oil in a large skillet.
- Add in the fillets and fry until brown on both sides.
- Place the fish on a serving platter and top each fillet with 2 to 3 lemon slices if desired.