Recipe by Chef Menel
This is one of the easiest and most impressive chicken recipes I have ever encountered! Absolutely perfect for impressing the husband's boss!
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this last night for dinner and only used two chicken breasts (they were very big) and kept the sauce amount the same (for gravy). Wonderful!!!!! I did season the chicken with lemon-pepper, salt and some tarragon and then added 2 rather large cloves of garlic instead of garlic salt and some thinly sliced onions to the soup mixture...heaven. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and oven roasted vegetables. Thank you for submitting this recipe. Made for French Forum Herb/Spice of the Month -- Tarragon.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sliced mushrooms (fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, chopped
- 1 dash lemon pepper
- 4 cups white rice (already prepared)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken breasts in baking dish and sprinkle with lemon pepper and tarragon.
- In medium bowl, combine mushroom soup, mushrooms, garlic salt and wine and pour over chicken breasts. Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts onto warming dish and pour the pan drippings into medium saucepan. Add sour cream to pan drippings, stir and heat until warm.
- To serve, place a chicken breast over white rice and ladle sour cream, wine and mushroom sauce over all.