Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of the easiest and most impressive chicken recipes I have ever encountered! Absolutely perfect for impressing the husband's boss!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sliced mushrooms (fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, chopped
- 1 dash lemon pepper
- 4 cups white rice (already prepared)
- Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken breasts in baking dish and sprinkle with lemon pepper and tarragon.
- In medium bowl, combine mushroom soup, mushrooms, garlic salt and wine and pour over chicken breasts. Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts onto warming dish and pour the pan drippings into medium saucepan. Add sour cream to pan drippings, stir and heat until warm.
- To serve, place a chicken breast over white rice and ladle sour cream, wine and mushroom sauce over all.
Made for PAC Fall 06. Chef Menel, this was d-eeee--lish! Followed the lead of other reviewer and use about 1/2 container of sour cream for a double recipe. Wonderful flavorful chicken *I pounded mine to 1/2" thickness*. Served with just the sauce and freshly steamed asparagus. YUM Thanks for posting and being my PAC adopted baby! LOL Caroline
Made with boneless breast fillets-- so reduced baking time by 10 minutes. The tarragon was nice addition to the mushroom -- would also be good over pasta. Thanks for posting, Chef Menel.
This made a good dinner. I halved the amount of chicken and mushrooms, but not the sauce :) and I found 8 oz of mushrooms to be plenty, even if I have used double the chicken. Thanks Chef Menel for sharing this recipe. Made for All Aboard the L-O-V-E Train! 2012 game.