Recently I went to a little sandwich shop that served a side of lemon-pepper sweet potato chips. I was blown over. The lemony-peppered chips were better than the sandwich. Anyway, here's how to make (fried) Lemon-Pepper Sweet Potato Chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash sweet potatoes in warm water to remove any dirt. Cut potatoes in half, and slice thinly (aprox. 1/8 thickness) using a mandolin slicer or sharp kitchen knife. Try to cut the slices uniformly so the potato chips cook evenly.
- 2Rinse sweet potato slices and then soak them for about half an hour in ice cold water. Drain sweet potato slices and dry them thoroughly on a clean kitchen towel or with layers of paper towels.
- 3Using a pot with high sides (the high sides keep the oil from splattering), heat about 1/2 inch of oil to about 350 degrees. Add a single layer of sweet potato slices to the oil. Fry sweet potato slices until they just start to darken on the edges, about 2-3 minutes per batch. (Keep the batches small.).
- 4Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the sweet potato chips to a layer of paper towels or a cooling rack set over a baking sheet to drain.
- 5Sprinkle with lemon pepper, salt or other seasonings and let cool completely before eating (they crisp up as they sit). Repeat frying in batches until all sweet potatoes are cooked.
- 6Serve Sweet Potato Chips the same day they are made or store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to two days.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pepper Sweet Potato Chips (Fried)
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g