Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This shrimp dish is crunchy, flavorful and downright delicious.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs shrimp, fresh 0R thawed (shelled and deveined)
- 3⁄4 lb snow peas, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 4 -8 garlic cloves, minced (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 -4 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 -4 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 1/2-1 lemon, respectively)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (or any other rice) (optional)
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet or saute pan. Saute garlic, ginger, onion and celery until tender (5-10 minutes).
- Add the shrimp and snow peas, STIRRING FREQUENTLY to avoid over cooking and ensure even cooking. Cook until shrimp are pink (10-15 minutes).
- Add lemon and pepper to taste, stir and enjoy. This dish is great served warm over a bed (or with a side) of rice or bread.
We really loved it!