Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Shrimp linguine flavored with fresh lemon, pepper and garlic. Quick, easy and delicious! -Adapted from Allrecipes.
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb frozen pre- cooked shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Thaw frozen shrimp in fridge or run under cold water.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes (according to package); drain.
- While linguine is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and saute garlic about 1 minute. Mix in chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is reduced by about 1/2.
- Mix shrimp, butter, parsley, and basil into the saucepan. Cook 1 minute, until shrimp is coated and warmed. Stir in the cooked linguine, and continue cooking 2 minutes, until well coated. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.
Followed the basic idea of this recipe, with a few modifications to suit what I had on hand. I had refrigerated tortellini that needed to be used. Made the sauce according to the recipe, except I replaced the dried basil & parsley (I don't think they add much flavor) with a heaping spoonful of my homemade pesto sauce. Because of the Parmesan in the pesto, I didn't sprinkle any over the top. This was lucky because I had run out :( We all loved this recipe - I even found myself eating it cold from the refrigerator the following day. 2nd review: I had made another recipe with shrimp. leeks & linguine for which the sauce was not enough. I liked this sauce better, and made up a recipe. It improved the other dish remarkably!
This was a very nice meal. My family really did enjoy it. Thanks for posting.
I made this using whole wheat linguine. This is one terrific meal, that DS and I LOVED!!! You could serve this to anyone, anytime, and get plenty of compliments while your at it :) Excellent dish just waiting for you to try! Thank you for sharing it with us Sydsmama! Linda