Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
I have not tried this, I am posting it on a lark having found it online after Lennie mentioned a love of Strawberries and Shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup light vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry
- 1 dash lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 dash sugar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)
- 8 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups mixed greens, torn
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, halved
- Combine the oil, 1-teaspoon lemon juice, 1/2 cup strawberries, and dash of lemon-pepper, sugar, salt and pepper in a blender.
- Blend well, then add the poppy seeds.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with juice of 1/2 lemon, 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Thread on skewers.
- Grill on a hot greased grill for 6 minutes or until firm to the touch and opaque throughout, turning once.
- Toss torn greens with vinaigrette to coat.
- Top with the shrimp and garnish with the strawberries and additional vinaigrette.