Lemon-Pepper Salmon Cakes
- Break cooked salmon into pieces into a mixing bowl. (Make sure the pieces are not too small; when you form the cakes the salmon should look like lump crab does in crab cakes.) Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add red pepper and green onions; saute until soft. Cool a few minutes, then add to the salmon. Add lemon-pepper, salt, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, Dijon, egg and 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs. Mix gently. If the mixture seems too loose, add more mayonnaise and more bread crumbs.
- Shape the mixture into patties. When all the patties are formed, place the remaining 1/2 cup panko on a plate. Lightly coat both sides of each patty with panko (use more if needed). Set the panko-coated patties on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat in the same skillet you used to saute the red pepper and onion. Working in batches if necessary, cook the salmon patties about 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from the skillet; serve on a bed of salad greens. Top with tzatziki, if desired.
- To make the sauce, stir together all tzatziki ingredients. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.