Served over lettuce makes for a refreshingly good meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb cooked salmon, from fresh (see Jubes' Simple and Healthy Poached Salmon)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced (green part)
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided (plain or seasoned)
- mixed salad green (optional)
Optional Tzatziki Sauce
- 1Break cooked salmon into pieces into a mixing bowl. (Make sure the pieces are not too small; when you form the cakes the salmon should look like lump crab does in crab cakes.) Set aside.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add red pepper and green onions; saute until soft. Cool a few minutes, then add to the salmon. Add lemon-pepper, salt, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, Dijon, egg and 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs. Mix gently. If the mixture seems too loose, add more mayonnaise and more bread crumbs.
- 3Shape the mixture into patties. When all the patties are formed, place the remaining 1/2 cup panko on a plate. Lightly coat both sides of each patty with panko (use more if needed). Set the panko-coated patties on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4When ready to cook, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat in the same skillet you used to saute the red pepper and onion. Working in batches if necessary, cook the salmon patties about 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from the skillet; serve on a bed of salad greens. Top with tzatziki, if desired.
- 5To make the sauce, stir together all tzatziki ingredients. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Pepper Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (902 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 278.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: