Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A college dorm or apartment do-able gourmet! Impress your date with this delicious and delicate dish. The key to success on this dish is the freshness of the Salmon, and getting it just done enough, and not a smidgen overcooked. This make take a few tries and adjustments to suit your own kitchen, so the 6 min is just my suggestion for my own kitchen. Especially good with Mexi rice! An additional note as an after thought. To better judge approximately how long you should broil the fish, a friend told me a quick tip on how to estimate: About 10 - 15 min per inch thickness on the salmon at 400 degrees F. So for me, I generally use abnout 3/4 inch thickness, so a 6 minute cooking times leaves it a little raw, just the way I like it =).
- 1 lb fresh salmon, cut into 1/2 lb pieces (or smaller,skin attached)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper (to taste)
- 1 fresh lemon
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 4 cups cooked rice
- black pepper
- peanut oil
- Cut the Fresh Salmon into serving size pieces.
- The best parts to use is the back or tail section.
- I tend to avoid the stomach area.
- Prepare the salmon by removing the bones and any scales.
- Wash lightly, pat dry.
- Leave skin on!
- Salt the salmon, and set aside.
- This will firm the meat up.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, broil.
- Cut the lemon in half, slice two slices off and set aside for garnish.
- Wash off salt from fish if desired.
- Place fish on an oiled cookie sheet, sprinkle with Lemon Pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice onto fish.
- Place in oven, center to 3/4 up.
- Broil approximately 6 min or to taste (A quick note, for approximate cooking time, guesstimate about 10 - 15 min per inch of fish thickness for well done fish. I prefer mine a bit on the raw side, so 6 min for a 3/4th inch salmon.).
- I prefer my salmon half cooked half raw.
- This part is very important, watch the fish, do NOT let it become overdone!
- Heat up mushroom soup in a sauce pan, add only 1/4 cup milk, instead of the usual 1 cup.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- When fish is done, remove from oven, and carefully place fish on plates.
- Add rice, and top fish with thick mushroom soup sauce.
- Garnish with Lemon Slices and Dill sprigs.