Recipe by FoodWorks
Lemon and pepper is a classic flavour combination that features in this palette-exercising recipe. Pair a simple, inexpensive dressing with lettuce or mixed greens, bold veggies like sweet peppers, cherry tomatoes, and subtle cucumber and mushroom. Lemon goes best with veggies in the cruciferae family like broccoli, kale, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts, so add those, too! Salad-making is not a science, so throw in whatever you have!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced into thin coins
- 1⁄2 sweet pepper, sliced into strips
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 lemon, juice of, with seeds removed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop all vegetables and toss together in a large bowl.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out juice with a fork. Pick out seeds.
- Add salt and pepper to cup with lemon and stir.
- Put 1/2 the dressing on the salad right before serving. Mix well, taste, and add more as needed.