1/1 Photo of Lemon Pepper & Mustard Baked Ahi / Mahi Mahi / Salmon
This is a good simple baking recipe for any fish. Good for summer cooking, This could also be grilled rather than baked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces fresh mahi mahi
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey (maple syrup if not available)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- 2Heat butter in small skillet on medium heat.
- 3Add garlic and heat for 1 minute.
- 4Add honey, worcestershire and mustard, cook for an additional minute.
- 5Add lemon juice and allow to cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until mixture is thick.
- 6Chop scallions and basil.
- 7Cut fish into 2oz portions.
- 8Pinch a piece of foil so that it has four raised edges to trap the sauce.
- 9Arrange fish on oiled/greased aluminum foil.
- 10Spread all of sauce mixture over top of each portion.
- 11Top sparingly with basil and scalions.
- 12Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- 13Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness of fish (15 minutes per inch thickness for fully cooked), or until desired. If using Ahi, I prefer to cook for 10 minites to allow inside to remain raw.
- 14Pour excess baked sauce over fish.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pepper & Mustard Baked Ahi / Mahi Mahi / Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 448.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 27.1 g