Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love stuffed mushrooms. This is an interesting version--no southwestern flair, which seems to be the most common stuffed mushroom variety. These are more elegant and would be good for a dinner party.
- 8 -12 large white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 dash fresh nutmeg, grated
- fresh ground pepper
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and trim off and discard the tough ends.
- Chop the stems finely and combine with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400F oven until warmed through, 8 to 10 minutes.
I've never done stuffed mushroom caps before and wanted to try it. I made these with a Chicken Crimini recipe that I have and it was a perfect combination! My son loved these, ate 2, and they made up in no time! I'll try them again with lime next time.
The stuffing is deliciously light and bright tasting. The fresh ingredients certainly punched up the earthy taste of the mushrooms. It was easy to prepare, and the taste was satisfying. A nice appetizer. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.