Recipe by spatchcock
I love stuffed mushrooms. This is an interesting version--no southwestern flair, which seems to be the most common stuffed mushroom variety. These are more elegant and would be good for a dinner party.
Top Review by qiltkitty
I've never done stuffed mushroom caps before and wanted to try it. I made these with a Chicken Crimini recipe that I have and it was a perfect combination! My son loved these, ate 2, and they made up in no time! I'll try them again with lime next time.
- 8 -12 large white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 dash fresh nutmeg, grated
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and trim off and discard the tough ends.
- Chop the stems finely and combine with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400F oven until warmed through, 8 to 10 minutes.