Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Savory, easy to prepare, appetizer
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 slice bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray a shallow baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Wipe mushrooms with a clean, damp cloth.
- Remove stems and set mushroom caps aside.
- Discard lower half of stems and chop upper half of stems very finely.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped stems with remaining ingredients.
- Stir to mix well.
- Stuff mushroom caps with mixture.
- Place stuffed mushrooms in prepared pan and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Miller, these mushrooms were very wonderful!! Having stuffed outselves with a huge lunch on Sunday, we did these up for supper, they were all we needed!!, with a few pickles, a piece of cheese, and a glass of wine. Thanks for sharing, they will certainly be our next appetizers for quests!! (wished we had doubled it this time!!) — posted Apr 30, 2002,UPDATE: Made these today for Thanksgiving appetizer, as before , very tasty didn't change a thing, we loved 'em, thanks Miller for sharing a good one.
Millie, these were fabulous! I followed the recipe apart from reducing the lemon-pepper to 1 teaspoon (you can always add more, as they say) Low cal AND so fresh tasting. I will make this as a starter for my next dinner party. Oh, apart from the one I've save to re-heat for breakfast with a poached egg on top. Muchas gracias !
I had no idea how these were going to taste (other than good!) and the taste is unique, I think! Ate three before I realized I had. Will definitely make these again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.