1 hr 10 mins
Pokey in San Antonio, TX's Note:
This is a very easy recipe that produces spectacular results. The citrus juice tenderizes and the lemon flavor, combined with the mesquite is to die for. This works with any cut of chicken--breasts to wings. Prep time does not include time to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and pat dry chicken pieces, and place in plastic bag.
- 2Pour lemon juice and olive oil over chicken, seal, and marinate for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- 3Remove from bag, discard marinate, and sprinkle liberal amounts of coarse ground black pepper and salt.
- 4Cook chicken on grill, using indirect heating method, or a smoker using charcoal briquettes and mesquite chunks. Whole chicken breasts will take about an hour (in a Webber). Smaller pieces will take less time.
- 5When done, serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pepper Mesquite Grilled Chicken (Southwest)
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.5
- Calories from Fat 511
- Total Fat 56.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 1261.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 26.0 g