Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy recipe that produces spectacular results. The citrus juice tenderizes and the lemon flavor, combined with the mesquite is to die for. This works with any cut of chicken--breasts to wings. Prep time does not include time to marinate.
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces, and place in plastic bag.
- Pour lemon juice and olive oil over chicken, seal, and marinate for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove from bag, discard marinate, and sprinkle liberal amounts of coarse ground black pepper and salt.
- Cook chicken on grill, using indirect heating method, or a smoker using charcoal briquettes and mesquite chunks. Whole chicken breasts will take about an hour (in a Webber). Smaller pieces will take less time.
- When done, serve immediately.
This was simple to make, and turned out great. We love lemon, and this was very lemony.
I used 3 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Put them in the juice and oil at 11 this morning. Just finished cooking them, with the mesquite smoke.... Wonderful! The kids think it needs more lemon, not less. Did use cracked black pepper but still great. Keep 'em coming, Pokey. If they are all as good as the ones I have tried so far, they're winners!
To much lemon!!! Very bad taste