Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so simple and straight forward. Try this with chicken or fish. I look forward to see how you like it!
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, cracked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a large glass bowl. Add your meat of choice (1 lb boneless or 2 lb bone-in). Stir to incorporate, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours (if using any type of seafood only marinate for 30 minutes).
I used to use Lawry's Lemon Pepper marinade, but stores in Canada no longer carry it, I found with a little more lemon juice this recipe was better than the stuff in the store. Cooked with the marinade in the skillet, the marinade reduces to a great thick sauce to top the chicken with. Thanks!
This marinade was very good. The chicken didn't quite have enough of the lemon flavor I had hoped for, but I didn't have time to let it marinade as long as I would have liked so that may have been the problem. The chicken was very moist and delicious though.
Impressive marinade! Tonight is my husband's night to cook and when my husband cooks, I like to arrive early and get the best seat.