Recipe by Momma Zakaria
I found this recipe in the Winn-Dixie periodical and it is delicious!
Top Review by DlphnGrl24
I love this recipe! It can be alittle messy when you first start making it but it worth the clean up. I usually add alittle more lemon juice, but I love lemons. This is a once a week recipe during the summer. One of my husband's favorite recipes.
- 2 (1 lb) Cornish hens
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Cut Cornish hens in half lengthwise. Wash and pat dry.
- Mix garlic powder, lemon pepper seasoning and paprika in a bowl.
- Lift up skin and rub meat with seasoning mixture. Replace skin.
- Cook on grill skin side down for 25 minutes, keeping grill lid closed.
- Flip and cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil. Brush on hens, then sprinkle with salt.
- Cook for additional 10 minutes, or until internal temperature is 180°F.