Recipe by stealmystapler
I usually eat vegetarian meals for lunch, and in an attempt to try something new I made this up last night. Even more delicious than I had expected! Measurements will be mostly estimated, as I just threw together the amount that looked right for me.
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 of a red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 0.25 (8 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 dash lemon juice
- lemon pepper, to taste
- Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the rice according to the directions on the package, and add the bouillon cube to the water the rice is cooking inches.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until garlic is slightly browned.
- Add the red pepper and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the green beans and tomatoes.
- Add as much lemon pepper and Mrs. Dash as suits you, as well as the lemon juice. By only adding a little bit of lemon juice you enhance the lemony flavor without overpowering everything else.
- Put the vegetable mixture over the cooked rice, sprinkle a little cheese on top if you like, and enjoy!