1/3 Photos of Lemon Pepper Green Beans
1 hr 10 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
These green beans will put a pucker on your face! They definitely have a whang to them. My uncle Don is a very VERY picky eater and he ate half the pan, so they must be pretty good. You can also adjust the heat to these babies and if you happen to catch canned vegetables on sale (if you're not into canning your own), it's a great way to serve an alternative to plain ole green beans or that mushroom casserole everyone makes at the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain the water off of the green beans.
- 2Over medium heat, place the green beans in a large enough saucepan. Add just enough water to cover half the beans.
- 3Squeeze the juice from all the lemon quarters, getting as much as the juice and pulp out as possible. Place 4 quarters in the pan with the beans.
- 4Season with black pepper to your taste. You can make these as spicy as you like. Salt to taste.
- 5Cook on med-low heat until beans are heated and tender.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pepper Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g