Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a super simple recipe that has a wonderful end result. We really enjoy this one in our family and I love it because it takes me no time in the kitchen to prepare. I serve it over couscous with some sliced red pepper and snow peas for a healthy light meal.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
What a great new way to serve up chicken breasts, something that we have around here quite a bit! I'm not big on the chilies, but it's recipes like that that help me get more used to them, & I'm a really hugh fan of lemon pepper, so . . . Thanks for a great keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Make My Recipe tag]
- 3-4 chicken breasts (I make the sauce below for three of us but it would stretch to 4 we like things more saucy)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- olive oil
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped (add as few or as many seeds as you like.)
- 4.92 ml finely grated lemon rind
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml instant chicken bouillon granules
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79-29.58 ml brown sugar (depending on personal taste)
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 9.85-14.78 ml cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning, add to pan, cook both sides until browned and cooked through, approx 20-25 Min's.
- While chicken is cooking make sauce.
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan, add ginger, chilies and rind, saute for 1 minute.
- Add water, wine, lemon juice, stock granules, honey and sugar, stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add soy, mix a little water with the cornflour add to sauce, stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- To Serve: Slice chicken breasts and serve over rice or couscous or with veg and pour sauce over.