This is a super simple recipe that has a wonderful end result. We really enjoy this one in our family and I love it because it takes me no time in the kitchen to prepare. I serve it over couscous with some sliced red pepper and snow peas for a healthy light meal.
- 3 -4 chicken breasts (I make the sauce below for three of us but it would stretch to 4 we like things more saucy)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped (add as few or as many seeds as you like.)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar (depending on personal taste)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons cornflour
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning, add to pan, cook both sides until browned and cooked through, approx 20-25 Min's.
- While chicken is cooking make sauce.
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan, add ginger, chilies and rind, saute for 1 minute.
- Add water, wine, lemon juice, stock granules, honey and sugar, stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add soy, mix a little water with the cornflour add to sauce, stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- To Serve: Slice chicken breasts and serve over rice or couscous or with veg and pour sauce over.