Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Everyone loves my lemon pepper chicken. I fix it for valentine dinner every year for the church. It is nice and tender and falls right off the bone.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven 200 degrees Use a 9x13 glass baking pan, pour the oil in and over the whole pan.
- Mix flour and lemon pepper seasoning in a mixing bowl Dip chicken in water then roll in flour mixture.
- Make sure the chicken is covered all over.
- Place chicken in pan.
- Pour lemon juice over the chicken, then cook on 200 for 6-8 hours.
I used boneless skinless chicken breasts in this, as that was all I had! I also sprinkled extra black pepper over the top. I baked this at 350F for 25 minutes instead of at 200F for 6 hours (I didn't have enough time for that!) and it turned out great! I made a sauce as suggested by the other reveiwer only I also used about 2 Tbsp. of milk as well as butter in mine. That was a great suggestion - the sauce was the best part!! The lemon pepper was a little too strong for my tastes so next time I think I will cut that out all together and just sprinkle black pepper over the top. Thanks!
I tried this recipe and really liked it. I too used boneless chicken breasts. Since I did not have lemon pepper, I grated fresh lemon into the flour and pepper mixture and it came out well. I also made a sauce out of the pan drippings by using a little wine, salt, and butter.
Chicken poached in lemon juice! Wonderful dish. We love lemon pepper so I used more. I plated the chicken then poured the reamining juice from the casserole into a small pan, heated it and whisked in 2 T chilled butter. Used that for the sauce and it was awesome. Thanks for posting this! Very easy recipe and delicious.