1/1 Photo of Lemon-Pepper Chicken
This chicken has fantastic flavour - succulent and juicy with just the right 'bite'. Marinating time is not included. DO try this on the bbq when you fire up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken, halved or quartered (depending on how many servings you want to get)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 1In a large, shallow bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, shallots, oregano, rosemary, bay leaf, lemon zest, pepper and oil.
- 2Add chicken, turning it to coat with marinade, and let it marinate, skin side up, covered and chilled, for 3 hours.
- 3Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 4Put rack in middle position of oven.
- 5Arrange chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 6Season lightly with salt.
- 7Roast for 35-45 minutes. Halfway through, sprinkle on pepper and lemon zest.
- 8This is also great grilled on the bbq.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Pepper Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1973.5
- Calories from Fat 1410
- Total Fat 156.6 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 510.2 mg
- Sodium 481.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 127.6 g