Recipe by evelyn/athens
This chicken has fantastic flavour - succulent and juicy with just the right 'bite'. Marinating time is not included. DO try this on the bbq when you fire up!
Top Review by Sassy Syrah
Evelyn, this was wonderful. So easy to prepare, very much a fix and forget dish. The flavour was perfectly balanced between the lemon and the herbs and the garlic, a real keeper!
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken, halved or quartered (depending on how many servings you want to get)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, shallow bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, shallots, oregano, rosemary, bay leaf, lemon zest, pepper and oil.
- Add chicken, turning it to coat with marinade, and let it marinate, skin side up, covered and chilled, for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put rack in middle position of oven.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Season lightly with salt.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes. Halfway through, sprinkle on pepper and lemon zest.
- This is also great grilled on the bbq.