Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little sweet and a little spicy. These nuts will be a hit in your household! Perfect to take to a party or to give as gifts around the holidays. Recipe found online at 28 Cooks.
- In large pan, combine cashews and sugar over medium high heat.
- Stir frequently until sugar starts to melt. Lower heat, and stir continuously for 10 minutes, or until sugar starts to fully melt and cover nuts.
- Add pepper and continue to cook for an additional minute or two, until nuts are well glazed and pepper is well mixed inches
- Add lemon zest and stir until well mixed.
- Pour onto sheet of wax paper on a cooling rack, and spread out. Allow to cool.
- Store in tightly-sealed container.
Great method of sugar glazing nuts, very easy and quick and really adheres to the nuts with all the pepper and lemon zest along with.
DEFINITELY A WINNING RECIPE in my book! Loved the use of the pepper & lemon! I made up these nuts just for us to munch on, & now realize they will be an absolutely great addition to the food counter during the several monthly groups I host ~ They'll love 'em! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegetarian groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #6]