Recipe by carmenskitchen
I prefer a baked sweet potato over an Idaho but I don't like them dolloped with extra sweetness like other recipes using brown sugar and cinnamon or honey. The contrast of the sweet potato with the lemon pepper seasoning gives it a balance that works for me so maybe you'll like it too!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 pat butter
- 1 dollop sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Do not puncture potato since sweet potatoes will drip juices while baking. Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes depending on size.
- Slice open and top with butter, cheese and lemon pepper seasoning in that order so cheese has an opportunity to melt. Dress with sour cream and chives. Sprinkle with additional lemon pepper.