Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I prefer a baked sweet potato over an Idaho but I don't like them dolloped with extra sweetness like other recipes using brown sugar and cinnamon or honey. The contrast of the sweet potato with the lemon pepper seasoning gives it a balance that works for me so maybe you'll like it too!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 pat butter
- 1 dollop sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- Do not puncture potato since sweet potatoes will drip juices while baking. Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes depending on size.
- Slice open and top with butter, cheese and lemon pepper seasoning in that order so cheese has an opportunity to melt. Dress with sour cream and chives. Sprinkle with additional lemon pepper.
Give me a mouthful and it will even shut ME up!
This was delicious! I love sweet potatoes too, but never with extra sugar. The lemon balances the sweetness perfectly. We had these for lunch by themselves today, but because the flavors are balanced, it would be a great side for any meal. I don't have lemon pepper, so I just squeezed lemon juice right on the potato before adding the cheese and then sprinkled with lots of pepper. Will be making this often, thank you so much!