Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from the "Slim Lines" column of the Thursday magazine dated Dec 25-31'03. I hope you enjoy it.
- Place fish fillets in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt, turmeric, black pepper, garlic and cumin powder, tossing to coat well.
- Cover and marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature or longer in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Coat the bottom of the baking dish with oil.
- Place the fish in a single layer.
- Pour the marinade over it.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- The fish should be firm to touch.
- Fish is ready when it easily flakes with a fork.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
i doubled the marinade ingredients (personal preference). this is a really easy way to bake fish - i made mine with hamour as well as nile perch fillets. great recipe. thanks!