Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Created by Pat Wells, donated by Paul Perkins. Great anytime.
Make and share this Lemon Pecan Tea Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Beat shortening at medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt to mixture-adding to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in lemon rind and pecans.
- Pour batter into greased, floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Lemon glaze: Combine ingredients, stirring until smooth (makes about 1/2 cup). Spread over loaf.