This recipe is from the Granite Steps Inn in Savannah, Georgia. Easy and delicious!!
Make and share this Lemon-Pecan Sunburst Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 8 biscuits.
- Place 1 biscuit in the center of the pan.
- Cut the remaining biscuits in half, forming 14 half-circles.
- Arrange these pieces around the center biscuit in a sunburst pattern, with all the cut sides facing in the same direction. I overlapped the circle sides and let the flat sides rest on the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, granulated sugar, and lemon zest; mix well.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the melted butter and sprinkle with the pecan mixture.
- Bake 20-25 min, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and enough lemon juice to make a pourable glaze; beat until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm coffee cake.
- Let stand for 10 min, or just until the glaze is set.
- Serve warm.