Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from the Granite Steps Inn in Savannah, Georgia. Easy and delicious!!
Make and share this Lemon-Pecan Sunburst Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 8 biscuits.
- Place 1 biscuit in the center of the pan.
- Cut the remaining biscuits in half, forming 14 half-circles.
- Arrange these pieces around the center biscuit in a sunburst pattern, with all the cut sides facing in the same direction. I overlapped the circle sides and let the flat sides rest on the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, granulated sugar, and lemon zest; mix well.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the melted butter and sprinkle with the pecan mixture.
- Bake 20-25 min, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and enough lemon juice to make a pourable glaze; beat until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm coffee cake.
- Let stand for 10 min, or just until the glaze is set.
- Serve warm.
I won't rate this until I have made it exactly as written, I made so many changes this time that I prefer not to rate it yet. Saying that.... I used tangerine instead of lemon, omitted the nuts, used Grands Jr. biscuits. I would like to roll out the biscuits and spread the sugar, rind mixture on them, then roll them up and bake to better infuse the flavors down into the biscuits. DGS, who is 16 months, and I did enjoy them!! Good recipe, thanks Skinny!!
I made this coffee cake and took it into work. It is a perfect sweet and tart blend. I used a bit more butter to make it more gooey. But other than than followed the recipe including the lemon zest. It is easy, inexpensive and tasty. Thank you SkinnyMinnie for this recipe.
i was going to post this recipe, but you saved me the trouble. the coffee cake is delicious and does not taste as if it started with canned biscuits. thanks for posting the great and easy recipe. i don't add the lemon zest, too bitter for me, just the lemon juice.