Recipe by SassiFras
Irresistible tangy lemon and rich pecans flavor one of the easiest cookies around: buttery shortbread. Serve with a cool dish of ice cream in the summer or a hot cup of tea in winter. Found this on Midwest Living Online, posted for safe-keeping.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans or 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, nuts, sugar and lemon peel. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling (dough will still be crumbly). Knead until smooth and form into a ball.
- 2. On lightly floured surface, roll dough until 1/2 inch thick. Using a 1-1/2-inch to 3-inch scalloped cookie cutter, cut into rounds. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake in a 325 degrees F oven for 18 to 20 minutes for small cookies or 20 to 22 minutes for larger cookies or until bottom starts to brown and center is set. Remove and cool on a wire rack. 20, 1-1/2-inch cookies or 5, 3-inch cookies.