Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and pecans.
- In a measuring cut,stir together heavy cream and lemon extract.
- Stir into dry ingredients until dough holds together in a rough mass.
- Do not overmix.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Lightly flour a board and transfer the dough to it.
- Knead the dough 8 or 9 times.
- Pat into two circles about 6 inches round.
- Brush melted butter over the top and side of the circle of dough and sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Cut each circle into 6 wedges and place pieces on an ungreased baking sheet, allowing about an inch between pieces.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.