Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I love lemon! A little different since it is baked in a springform pan. This recipe originally came from Ladies Home Journal in 1983.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan.
- In large mixer bowl, cream butter and confectioner's sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Stir in flour and vanilla.
- Continue beating until just mixed.
- Fold in pecans and lemon rind.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 50 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- While cake is still HOT, combine glaze ingredients and brush liberally over cake.