Prep 35 mins
Cook 8 mins
Cookies! From the Crisco website.
- crisco butter nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagepillsbury reduced-sugar lemon cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco shortening, sticks
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- HEAT oven to 375°F Coat cookie sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix and shortening in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until a coarse meal forms. Add water, egg and 1 cup chopped pecans, mixing on low, until dough comes together. Shape into 1-inch balls (makes about 60). Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Spray bottom of a cup with no-stick cooking spray. Flatten dough to 2 inches in diameter.
- COMBINE sugar and 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans in a small bowl. Brush tops of dough with egg white. Sprinkle with pecan-sugar mixture.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute. Remove to cooling rack.