Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This recipe is from Hershey's. It sounded so good I decided to make it part of my Christmas cookie trays. Didn't want to lose the recipe so I'm posting it here. The lemon flavor is very mild so I add enough extract to make the drizzle noticably lemony.
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- lemon, drizzle (recipe below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Set aside 2 tablespoons white chips for the drizzle.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking soda; set aside. Place remaining white chips and butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips and butter are melted when stirred. Beat in eggs, lemon peel and lemon extract. Gradually blend flour mixture into lemon mixture. Stir in pecans. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until very slightly golden around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Lightly drizzle LEMON DRIZZLE over cookies.
- LEMON DRIZZLE: Place reserved 2 tablespoons white chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Stir in a few drops yellow food color and a few drops lemon extract, if desired.