This is a recipe I adopted from the Recipezaar account but it did not work for me. Chef Karen has been so kind to look into this recipe and she made the alterations to make this recipe work..many thanks Karen!
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer on medium, beat butter, flour, sugar and 2 tsp lemon zest until mixture forms large crumbs.
- Pat crumb mixture into 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, take out of the oven and lower the heat to 325°F.
- Combine condensed milk, coconut, pecans, remaining 2 teaspoons lemon zest and the lemon juice.
- Spread this mixture on top of the hot baked crust, then return to the oven.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 36 bars.
The crust was thicker than it should have been; I couldn't really taste the lemon flavor.
It's a perfect dessert. I love anything with lemon and coconut. Yummy! Thanks Pets'R'us :) Made for 123 hit wonders.
This recipe really turned out to be a winner! We all loved the tangy lemon flavor along with the contrast of the coconut. If you can wait, save some for the next day...the flavors really pop out at you after sitting overnight! Thanks Pets, for letting me have a go at this...it was fun!