Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have wonderful past-memories of living on Spain's Balearic Islands. Food-wise, this Ibiza custard is one of them ... (Cunejo Aioli is another if anyone cares to pass on the recipe?) NOTE: This wonderful desert separates into two distinct layers as it bakes. Mmmmm ! Fantastico!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- lemon slice
- fresh mint sprig
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Whisk sugar, lemon juice, eggs and eggs yolks in a large bowl until well-blended.
- Gradually whisk in the whipping cream.
- Strain through a sieve into 4x3/4 cup custard cups.
- Arrange cups in a baking pan and add enough hot water to come half-way up the sides of the custard cups.
- Bake, about 30 minutes, until custards are barely set in the centre.
- Remove cups from water and cool slightly.
- Cover, then refrigerate overnight.
- (This can be prepared 2 days ahead and kept refrigerated).
Absolutely fantastic! This is a creamy lemon curd custard, to put it bluntly, and it's heavenly! Sweet, tangy and creamy. Made it according to instructions, but for some reason I did not get the mentioned 2 layers, but it sure was good!