Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My kids will only eat this lemon pasta. Rich, lemony and creamy.....uuuummm, try to cook this with fresh linguine pasta, its heavenly!
- 8 ounces spaghettini or 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces fresh pasta
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 300 ml sour cream or 300 ml low-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package instruction.
- If using fresh pasta, it wont take 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Saute onions till fragrant.
- Add in the minced garlic.
- When light brown, add the sour cream.
- Lower heat, add 2 T. Parmesan cheese, milk, lemon pepper, juice and zest of lemon and salt if desired.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes only.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour over cooked pasta.
- Toss gently, add parsley and remaining 2 T Parmesan cheese. Serve with Garlic bread.
I thought it was a great, light pasta. It was a titch to lemony for me, so next time I'd cut both lemon flavors down a bit. Also added mushrooms, asparagus, and tomatoes. By the way, 300 ml. converts to approx. 1 1/4 cups.
This was fast to make, and just delicious! I added 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes , but loved the proportions of all the other ingredients.
I was looking for a recipe to add smoked salmon to. This was perfect! i also threw in some capers. An outstanding meal! My boyfriend couldn't stop raving. Thanks!