I was just experimenting, and I found something that I really enjoyed - I love when that happens!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set the pot of water to boil for your pasta (hint: if you want the pasta to have a special lemony taste, you can cut a few extra slices of lemon and boil them in the water with the pasta)
- 2Put the olive oil in a pan and add your salt, pepper and basil (you might need more than 3 Tbl olive oil -- you should have enough to at least coat the bottom of the pan)
- 3Add the minced garlic, keeping the flame at about medium.
- 4After the garlic has cooked for about a minute, add the onions and keep cooking until the onions begin to be translucent.
- 5Add the eggplant
- 6Right after the eggplant is added, squeeze the juice of one lemon on top of the sautee mixture. Make sure it gets over all the pieces of eggplant.
- 7When the eggplant is just about done (I don't cook it too long, because I don't like it too mushy), turn the heat down to low and add the cherry tomatoes.
- 8Hopefully by this point, the pasta is done, so drain the pasta.
- 9Add the vegetable mixture to the top of the pasta, mix, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pasta With Eggplant and Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g