Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was just experimenting, and I found something that I really enjoyed - I love when that happens!!!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup eggplant, sliced
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces pasta
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- basil, to taste
- Set the pot of water to boil for your pasta (hint: if you want the pasta to have a special lemony taste, you can cut a few extra slices of lemon and boil them in the water with the pasta)
- Put the olive oil in a pan and add your salt, pepper and basil (you might need more than 3 Tbl olive oil -- you should have enough to at least coat the bottom of the pan)
- Add the minced garlic, keeping the flame at about medium.
- After the garlic has cooked for about a minute, add the onions and keep cooking until the onions begin to be translucent.
- Add the eggplant
- Right after the eggplant is added, squeeze the juice of one lemon on top of the sautee mixture. Make sure it gets over all the pieces of eggplant.
- When the eggplant is just about done (I don't cook it too long, because I don't like it too mushy), turn the heat down to low and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Hopefully by this point, the pasta is done, so drain the pasta.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the top of the pasta, mix, and enjoy!
Fresh and delicious!
This recipe is absolutely delicious. My family loves it. Next time I make it, I'm going to add a little white wine and maybe a tad of organic sugar or the like. I think I just added too much lemon juice this time, so I may not even need the sweetener next time. Make this recipe -- you'll love it! Thanks for a great recipe.