Recipe by Scoutie
So good, and a nice change from typical pasta salads. I always get asked for this recipe at potlucks. I usually increase the dressing by about a third, as we like salads moist. A few hours before serving I add the tomatoes along with chopped artichokes, kalamata olives, basil and parsley. Right before serving, I add some roasted pine nuts. This recipe is very versatile, add whatever you want, some of the ingredients I have added in the past are fresh grated parmesan cheese and cucumbers. This dish gets better the longer it sits, even 24 hours works just fine. Cooking time does not include the setting time. Adapted from Bon Appétit, August 2003.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This was a really refreshing summer salad. It was perfect for a hot day. I loved the lemon/mustard/EVOO combination in the dressing and all the fresh summer veggies with the pasta. I could see this being a really nice side dish at a BBQ. This makes a lot of salad, so DH and I look forward to enjoying this for lunch for days to come. I made no modifications to the recipe and felt that none were needed. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT6 Family Picks.
- 103.53 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.16 ml fresh lemon juice
- 44.37 ml whole grain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml lemon peel, zest
- 340.19 g penne pasta
- 473.18 ml small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 354.88 ml chopped red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers or a combination of both
- 354.88 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 236.59 ml chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and lemon zest in small bowl to blend. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Rinse pasta with cold water to cool quickly and drain again. Transfer pasta to large bowl. Add tomatoes, bell peppers, feta cheese, and green onions. Pour dressing over and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.