Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Based on a recipe from Bon Appetit--I added the herbs I've been growing. Nice side dish for a hot summer day.
- 103.53 ml olive oil
- 59.16 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- salt and pepper
- 340.19 g penne pasta, cooked
- 473.18 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 354.88 ml chopped red peppers
- 354.88 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 236.59 ml chopped scallion
- 59.14 ml torn fresh basil
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions; drain, rinse in cold water, drain again and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard, zest and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add chopped peppers, feta, scallions, and tomatoes to the pasta.
- Pour dressing over and toss.
- Add basil and parsley and toss.
- Season with salt & pepper.
Excellent! I made this exactly as written, using tomatoes and herbs from my garden. I served this with [recipe=39622]Roasted Greek Style Chicken #39622[/recipe] and steamed sweet corn. Great meal.
Delicious! A burst of flavor with every bite. I made minor changes: used garlic powder instead of cloves, and used my freshly dried basil, instead of fresh basil leaves - and it was still amazing. I thought it tasted too lemony at first, but after refrigeration for two hours, the lemony tang was mellow and perfect. Next time I make it, I'll be sure I have fresh basil. I really love this pasta salad. It tastes very Mediterranian.
With the weather so hot, this salad is great!. Loads of flavors going on here, and we loved every last drop!